Intense Pulse Light (IPL) Hair Removal
The IPL process uses intense pulsed light to gently remove unwanted hair, putting an end to routine shaving and waxing. IPL treatments leave your skin looking and feeling smoother and silkier. This patented technology transcends the older, painful hair removal treatments to deliver long lasting results. IPL’s wide beam treats larger areas such as the back, shoulders, arms, legs and face rather than treating one hair at a time. Best of all, IPL treatments are a safe, fast, gentle and effective alternative method for hair removal.
Palomar Pulsed Light Systems offer a lasting solution for unwanted hair
- Permanent: Concentrated pulses of light loosen the hair and disable the cells responsible for new hair growth.
- Fast: Small areas, such as the underarms or upper lip, can be treated in 10 minutes or less, and even large areas, like the back or legs, can be treated in under a half hour.
- Comfortable: Various cooling methods keep the light pulses mild and skin-safe, allowing for more comfortable treatments than electrolysis and waxing.
Convenient: Unlike waxing, there is no need to let hair grow out between treatments. You can remain hair free all the time.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Palomar hair removal handpieces emit pulses of light into hair follicles. The light is absorbed by the pigment n the follicle and converted to heat. The heat then loosens the hair and disables the cells responsible for growing new hair.
- Immediately after treatment, you can expect a mild sunburn-like sensation, possibly accompanied by some minor swelling. This usually lasts 2-24 hours, and can be soothed with cold gel or ice packs.
- The treated hair will continue to appear for 7-30 days post-treatment. This is not new hair growth, but the treated hairs being expelled form the skin.
- At any given time, some of your hair is not in a phase of active growth. Therefore you will need more than one treatment to affect the growth of all your unwanted hair.
- Typically, several treatments will be necessary to achieve permanent hair reduction.